I’m 23 years old, and a lot of people I know smoke pot on a daily basis. I used to be one of them. I smoked a lot of pot, sometimes many times a day. Sure, I had fun, but I have found that since I stopped smoking pot three months ago so many good things have happened:
1. My memory is better. It’s no surprise that smoking pot can do serious damage to your short-term memory. Since I stopped smoking, I haven’t spent thirty minutes looking for my car keys only to be late to wherever I was going. I haven’t forgotten any major plans. My memory has just been so much better, and I am able to function.
2. I have lost weight. Once I stopped smoking pot, I stopped having the munchies so much, which means I stopped eating whole gallons of ice cream at three o’clock in the morning. I also felt more motivated to exercise. With the combination of eating healthy and exercising, I have managed to lose 12 pounds in the last three months.
3. I have more energy. I don’t sleep until noon anymore. I’m going for more walks. I’m going to the gym more. I just feel generally more motivated and energetic.
4. I have more motivation. I get up in the morning, and I go to work. I am more productive. When I get done with work, I go out to a book club once a month, I go out with my friends more. I don’t sit around watching stupid television as much.
5. I can think clearer. I have found that I have been able to read more and write more. My mind just feels a bit clearer, and it feels easier to focus.
6. I don’t say as many stupid things. Hang out with a stoner for a couple of weeks, and you will soon see what I’m talking about.
7. My sense of humor is better. I don’t just stare at my shoes and burst into laughter for ten minutes anymore.
8. I have more genuine relationships. My connections with my friends and family are more sincere now. I am able to do more things to help others, and I haven’t been as selfish lately.